Tuesday, September 6, 2011

China power!

So I'm still in China, still chugging away, always on the lookout for the next big dfly, the next superstar of the world.  Here are some candidates I've come across in the past few months.

Female Acisoma panorpoides (Asian pintail).

Male Acisoma panorpoides (Asian pintail) flew into my fingers.

Male Trithemis aurora (crimson dropwing) just hanging out.
Anyway, that's if for now.  I've been really busy trying to give my new apartment a dragonfly theme, so I haven't even been in the field as much as I usually would be.  I found an amazing iridescent damselfly a few weeks ago but I only had a wide-angle lens and didn't get any good shots.  Never fear, I shall return and post soon...but for now I'm off to look for some Tiffany lamps to add to the ambiance of my new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment